A Local's Guide to St. Thomas: Things to Do for Large Groups
When my extended family travels together, finding outings to suit the whole family is always an interesting task. Adults, kids, adventurers, beach bums, you have to find something everyone will enjoy. Not all destinations can easily fit that bill. Lucky for your group, St. Thomas has a range of large group excursions that will not only accommodate everyone, they’ll entertain and delight them too! I’ve got your local guide to the top things to do for large groups on your St. Thomas vacation, and you’ll see just how easy it is to please your whole crew:
Private Island Tours- See the highlights of St. Thomas from the island views to the perfect Caribbean beaches with a private vehicle and friendly local driver. Private tours are customizable to the unique needs and desires of your Large Group with Sightseeing, Shopping, and Beach Hopping options, and your certified tour guide is always there to take those group photos!
- Private Sightseeing Tour- Let your group get acquainted with St. Thomas on a sightseeing tour of all the best spots. Say hello to neighboring islands and fantastic group photos at incredible lookout points. Try a fresh banana daiquiri and grab a gift for a friend back home at Mountain Top. Sway to the island music and sample the best of St. Thomas on this private group tour!
- Private Shopping Tour- With duty free mega deals on jewelry, luxury brands, and liquors, it’s no wonder why shopping is one of the top things to do in St. Thomas. Take your group on a shopping extravaganza treating yourselves to the best stores and selections on island, the downtown sights, and even a delicious lunch. Your group will be checking extra bags after this shopping excursion!
- Private Beach Hopping Tour- Relax at the beach or play all day! Your group calls the shots on this beach hopping tour featuring 3 of the best beaches in St. Thomas. Island cocktails calling your name? Wanting some watersport excitement? It’s a day of the best of the beaches for you and your group to choose your perfect Caribbean day!
- Private Sightseeing and Shopping Tour- Break up the day to please the whole group with a bit of AM shopping and seeing the best of the sights in the afternoon. Please the shoppers in the group while saving the afternoon for a breezy ride taking in the best of St. Thomas’ views. You certified tour guide will ensure the whole group is engaged in island fun!
- Private Sightseeing and Beach Stop Tour- Please the sun bums and the sightseers of the group with the best of the beach and the island views. Take in the vistas overlooking beaches and neighboring islands, make a group toast of banana daiquiris at the highest point in St. Thomas, and then splash in the Caribbean for an afternoon of sun and fun. You really can get the best of both worlds for your whole party!
Powerboat Charter- Spend a day on the water snorkeling, island hopping, taking in the island views, enjoying the open bar, or simply relaxing for the ride. This private power catamaran charter is sure to please everyone with included snorkel gear, complimentary drinks and snacks, and a fully customizable itinerary.
- Full Day Private Power Catamaran Charter- Plan your charter itinerary for up to 32 passengers. Passport-ready travelers can take a ride down the British Virgin Islands to visit the Baths at Virgin Gorda, snorkel the Indians near Norman Island, or relax at White Bay in Jost Van Dyke. If everyone isn’t carrying a passport, there’s tons to see in the USVI. Hit the pristine beaches in St. John, snorkel the reef off uninhabited cays, or visit the Pizza Pi floating pizzeria. Include a little something for everyone with a full day at sea!
Sailing- With spacious decks, island music, complimentary snorkel gear, and a very open bar, Sailing is the perfect outing for your large group! Sails include safety gear, snorkel instruction, and shaded awnings to accommodate the kids in your group as well. Choose between half-day and full day adventures at sea to suit your unique group.
- Half-Day Sail- Take in the best views of St. Thomas from the Caribbean Sea on a half-day sail and snorkel. Partake in included snacks and open bar. Snorkel the fantastic Virgin Islands reef and swim among schools of tropic fish. The whole group will love exploring the seas and relaxing on deck.
- Half-Day Sail with Lunch- Sail away to Honeymoon Beach in St. John where there’s something for everyone in the group! Swim, snorkel, or simply lay out on the sand. No need to worry about about lunch plans for the day. It’s included along with a very open bar for the whole group on this half-day sail.
- Sail to St. John- It’s a full day for the whole crew at sea sailing from St. Thomas to St. John. With multiple snorkel stops, shore time in St. John, and expansive decks to soak up the sun, there’s plenty for your group to enjoy. And you can’t forget about included breakfast, lunch, and open bar, making your group excursion totally hassle-free!
- Sail to Jost Van Dyke- Your passport-ready group will love this full day adventure to the British Virgin Island of Jost Van Dyke. Visit downtown JVD for some shopping and lunch at Foxy’s Tamarind Bar and Restaurant. Then sail on over to famous White Bay for swimming, snorkeling, sun-soaking, and fresh cocktails. Breakfast, snacks, and very open bar included for the whole crew!
Ecotours- Take a group adventure as you explore the exotic St. Thomas mangrove lagoon. Venture through the lagoon in 2 person kayaks, and snorkel among the tropical fish and coral reef that flourish alongside the mangrove trees. Explore the uninhabited island of Cas Cay, home to a population of hermit crabs, rare tropical flora, and magnificent cliffs. Choose your combination of Kayaking, hiking, and Snorkeling through this unique ecosystem.
- Kayak and Snorkel Mangrove Lagoon- Take a leisurely kayak trip through the exoctic St. Thomas mangrove lagoon where our group will spot seabirds in the trees and the marine life below the crystal clear waters. Get up close and personal with the tropical fish and coral reef that grows in this unique environment as you snorkel the lagoon. At 2.5 hours long, this kayak and snorkel tour is great for groups with young kids seeking an adventure!
- Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay- Experience the natural wonders of kayaking through the mangrove lagoon to your destination at the small island of Cas Cay. Hike the wildlife preserve to it’s fantastic viewpoints of St. Thomas and marvel at the geological blow hole at its volcanic cliffs. Then snorkel among the unique marine life and reef that thrives among the mangrove roots. This 3 hour tour is a ecoadventure for the whole group!
- Kayak, Hike, and Snorkel Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay with Lunch- This 5 hour excursion through the mangrove lagoon is perfect for groups with older children and adults. Kayak through the unique landscape of the mangrove lagoon to Cas Cay. Hike the remote cay to its shell beaches and massive boulder cliffs for an included picnic lunch. Get extra snorkel time to explore the sea life in the salty Caribbean lagoon. It’s a full day of exploration and rare wildlife encounters for the whole gang!
St. Thomas excursions make it easy to plan your entire group itinerary! Parents, grandparents, and kiddos are all sure to be pleased with the excitement that awaits on your St. Thomas vacation. Get ready for an unforgettable group vacation!
Be sure to check out our blog article on A Local's Guide to St. Thomas: Large Group Itineraries, and visit our Group Friendly Tours page to book the best large group excursions on St. Thomas! If you have any questions about things to do for large groups in St. Thomas or any inquiries about the island, call or e-mail us for authentic local insight!
Fun for Everyone,
CaribbaConnect Mentioned Excursions:
Kayak and Snorkel Mangrove Lagoon
Kayak, Hike and Snorkel Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay
Kayak, Hike, and Snorkel Mangrove Lagoon and Cas Cay with Lunch
Full Day Private Power Catamaran Charter
Private Sightseeing and Shopping Tour